Egypt offers condolences for death of illegal migrants in Mediterranean

Egypt offered its sincere condolences to Palestine, Lebanon and Syria for the death of a number of illegal migrants and the injury of others in the Mediterranean Sea, said the Egyptian Foreign Ministry in a statement on Sunday.

 

 

Egypt expresses its regret to the families of the victims, and wishes the injured a speedy recovery, the statement added. More than 85 dead bodies of migrants have been recovered so far, after an illegal boat sank off the Syrian coast, AFP reported.

 

The International Organization for Migration (IOM), the UN refugee agency, UNHCR, and UN relief agency for Palestine refugees (UNRWA) said in a joint statement on Thursday that the boat had reportedly set off towards Europe on Tuesday from the port of Miniyeh, near Tripoli, Lebanon, carrying between 120 and 170 passengers.

 

The statement added that 20 injured people were transported to a hospital in Tartus in Syria.

to Spain, says new Spanish ambassador

 

 

 

Source: Egypt Today Magazine

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

For security, use of Google's reCAPTCHA service is required which is subject to the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.