EGYPT CONDEMNS SHIITE MOSQUE SUICIDE BOMBING IN KABUL
CAIRO, Egypt, – Egypt condemned on Tuesday, the suicide bomb attack on a mosque in Afghanistan’s capital city of Kabul, that left 32 people dead and several others wounded, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
A suicide bomber detonated his explosive vest inside Baqir-ul-Ulum Mosque, in Kabul on Monday, while Shiite Muslims were holding a religious procession at the site.
The Daesh regional terrorist group claimed responsibility for the attack.
“Egypt stresses solidarity with the Afghan government and people, against the phenomenon of terrorism that targets development and stability around the world,” Egyptian Foreign Ministry spokesman, Ahmed Abu Zeid said, in the statement.
Egypt has been suffering a rising wave of anti-government terrorist attacks that killed hundreds of police and military men, since the military ousted former Islamist President Mohamed Morsi in July, 2013, in response to mass protests.
Since then, most of the attacks in Egypt were claimed by the Sinai-based group loyal to the Daesh, while the post-Morsi administration declared “a war against terrorism,” led by former military chief and current President, Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi.
Source: Nam News Network